Tuesday, July 23, 2013

#4

 The summer after graduation is... Busy. Considering I have technically written this so called "first post" 3 times already and never really got around to publishing any of the drafts. So instead of publishing the now null and pointless posts I have decided to write a new one, #4 if you wish, in which I will finally introduce myself and my loverly, yet hectic life.
In reality, My life is actually uber calm but my need to procrastinate is a source of excitement so I let it continue. My mind definitely has a mind of its own.
 
So.
 
My name is Bailey. I just turned 18, graduated from High School and I am probably the only one out of my entire posse that isn't currently back to school shopping. Instead, I am going to be working( The job to be found hopefully soon) and I am just barely starting to drive on real streets rather than just in the church parking lot. Yeah. This time next year I should be heading off to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Today my best friend is flying to Spain to serve his two year mission and I am pretty much a mess. But that is OKAY!
 
Although I have never had braces, through the things I have heard about them, sending your missionary out is an awful lot like getting braces. You get them on with full knowledge that the end result will be 100% better/cooler/awesomer ( <- totally just made that word up.) but the pain is way worse than you imagined. The only difference is that when you go in for a tightening, it hurts more and when you get a letter, you feel like all is well in the world.
 
But that is how life works. We know the end result but it is still hard along the way.
"Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest"- Joshua 1:9
 
Couldn't have said it better Myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment