Friday, November 22, 2013

Choices


Alrighty,
 Do you remember how back in elementary school we would always talk about choices and how
 "The minute you wake up you make choices!"
 and then you would think and be all 
"Yeah I guess I had to choose what to wear or what to eat"
 and that would literally be like the hardest decision of your life thus far.
 Yeah... Those were the good old days. 
I literally am just barely choosing to stop listening to one of my favorite songs 
and listen to piano and rain because my brain is getting wayyyyy too distracted. 

"The call" from Regina Spektor,
 Scenes from Prince Caspian come in flashes,
then I remember my childhood, 
and reading the books, 
and then all of my childhood book memories come flooding back... 
bah my brain. 

Anywho, Choices. 
Okay so recently I have been abandoned by pretty much all of my friends. 
Seriously, by the time February rolls around EVERYONE will be gone...
 And you think that I am joking too... 
I seriously am the youngest adult in my ward right now.
My social life consists of work 
(Andrew will be leaving in Feb, so there goes that) 
and church, 
where I chill with 9 and 10 year olds
 (the coolest 9 and 10 year olds EVER BTW)
Bam Pow.

 BUT that was 100% my CHOICE.
 I chose to not go to college yet. 
I chose to work for the better part of my day.
 And I chose to accept the calling to be the Valiant 9 teacher instead of going to Singles Ward.
 CHOICES.
I am also choosing to go on a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
 This has in NO WAY been an easy choice.
 Truthfully I don't think that I have ever been so lost blessed  lost blessed. 


How cool is it that I, 
a weird and socially weirder 18 year old girl, 
get to choose to serve people I have never met before? 

In the Mormon church, we believe in Agency.
Agency is described as
 "the ability and privilege God gives us to choose and to act for ourselves". 
No one makes us do anything. 
We choose to act a certain way so that we have a chance to get the good consequences. 
No one likes the bad ones, which is totally a topic for another time. 

Okay so back to the blessed part, 
here as you were reading your brain probably played that sound that a phonograph plays when it stops...
  like this one... 
or not, whateves.

I get to choose whether I want to go on a mission(Girls get a choice) or go to school. 
No one is pressuring me...
 This wasn't always the case of course,
 like 3 weeks ago the realization that I was truly scared that if I didn't go on a mission I would be disappointing a lot of people. 
This was not a fun realization to have because I am all about CHOICES and I didn't want the pressure from other people... 
so I sent this to Hayden, who is on his mission right now:)
'Oh so I have been thinking, What if I were to choose to not go on a mission?
 and I know that your heart probably just dropped and you are all worried about me but would you be upset with me if I didn't go on one?
 I am totally going on one but it was just a thought that I realized the other day. 
I was thinking “What if I didn't go on a mission though” 
and instantly I thought, “Hayden would be so upset” but I would hope that you wouldn't be… 
cause it is obviously my choice.
 and my decisions should not be based off of the fear of you judging me… 
not that you would of course.. 
oh dear.' 
Right!?! 
I feel like we all have that fear about anything in life though,
 which technically is good because that means that we are actually thinking about how our actions are impacting others
 but still... 
I felt/feel that I should be the only one making this decision based on what I am feeling through the spirit. Right? Right. 
So this is what got to me. 
"Truly, if you decided not to go on a mission, I would have a mix of emotions... But I wouldn't look down on the decision at all.
   1. Disapointment, but only because there are things you will learn out here that you wouldn't learn at home, and the lives of those that you would touch that you won't come into contact with at home.
   2. Excitement, because you would get started with your life, go to school, get a job, do all sorts of cool things that you will do.
   3. Nervous, because during that time, if you stay close to the spirit, you may find somebody that you want to spend the rest of your life with.
   4. Happiness, because nomatter what decisions you make, no-matter what you do, I know you will have done it with much prayer and fasting, and I will know that it is the best for you.

There are lots of choice to make. Going on a mission definitely is not a bad one. But, pèrhaps it isn't the best one. It all depends on your situation, and the opportunities to share your light that you will have at that point in your life."
Okay 
1) holy cow I cried. My mom cried, we all cried haha
2) when did he become all smart and stuff
3) if you don't have a positive influence when it comes to choices 
HERE YOU GO.
 Use this BY ALL MEANS. 
4) look how cute!
 there is a little shwaa thing on "perhaps" and he spelled disappointment wrong! 
He is turning into a foreign missionary!

So here is the deal.
 You make choices. 
We all make choices.
 Base those choices off of what good they can do for other people.


Choose to be happy and Choose the Right. 
Yeah... these were my thoughts... Stay tuned :)

Hahaha I just had an idea of making a Button that links to mormon.org that looks like a spindle of a spinning wheel with the caption that says
 "Touch it, Touch it I say"
 hahaha 
oh my gosh.
 Someone please teach me how to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment