Sunday, January 5, 2014

The Stereotypical New Years Post.


To be fair, this was the first year that I think that I have ever actually sat down and thought about my resolutions. 
Like ever.
 Sad right?

 I mean sure I have wanted to eat healthier or keep my room clean better, 
but let's be honest with ourselves... 
did it happen? 
Heck to the no. 

So this year I came up with like a million resolutions so that maybe if I get one down, 
I can actually be cool. 
Because everyone knows that your cool level
 (Yes it is a real thing) 
is totally determined by how many resolutions you actually resolved... 
fo'. sho'. 

So here are my 
2014 New Years Resolutions. 

1)I will blog 1x a week. 
See, this is how I journal, so it is either this or let my hand cramp up. 

2)Re-read the Book of Mormon.
 I want to finish it before my 19th birthday. 

3) Take a picture a day, 
because y'all don't want to just be reading words... 

4)Stop biting my nails.
 It is a totally subconscious thing and then they hurt and that is when I actually realize that I was biting them... 

5)Learn to take pills.
 Don't judge. it just wont work.

6)Learn to play the harmonica. 
I GOT HARMONICAS FOR CHRISTMAS! 
And I have no idea how to play them...
 See the idea was that if I learn to play the piano or another instrument I cant just carry it around and practice when I am bored... 
but with a Harmonica, I totally can!

7) Learn at least 3 hymns on the piano.
 Every single missionary blog I have read says that if you are a sister missionary you had better be able to play the piano. 
I will start with one... we shall see how this goes. 

8)"Have a clean room... more often... Maybe?" 

9)Study and journal(Like actually write, it is the kicker) a new gospel topic every Sunday.
 Let me tell you, 9:00 church hurts.
 But it makes the day last forever.

10)Draw or paint a picture at least 1x a week.
 It soothes the soul.

11) Spend less money. 

I can tell you right now that I have broken 3,4,8, and 11 this week... and the rest I haven't even started. 
Sunday counts as the last day of the week right? 
So all I have to do is look up a topic, publish this, clean my room today. 
Best get started. 

oh and I found this. It made me happy. 

And yes, yes they do. You are welcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment